The Department of Mathematical Sciences offers an undergraduate minor in Mathematics for students majoring in another area. It is offered to students of any college at the University of Cincinnati; however, these courses must be taken in the College of Arts & Sciences (15): their equivalents from other colleges will not count toward this minor.
Advanced placement and calculus transfer credit can be counted toward the minor.
- The completion of the courses in A. (above) satisfies the pre-requisite for the following courses:
- The completion of the courses in A. (above), along with Calc IV (264), Intro to Abstract Math (357), or Differential Equations (273), or some combination thereof, satisfies the pre-requisites for most 400- and 500-level courses in Mathematics.
- Calc I - IV (251, 252, 253, 264), Linear Algebra I, II (351, 352), Differential Equations (273), and Probability & Statistics I, II (361, 362) serve as a model minor for students majoring in an applied area.
- Students who would like advice concerning a Minor in Mathematics should see the Undergraduate Program Director:
Rm: 806F Old Chem
- For the awarding of the minor: You must register your minor online prior to applying for graduation.
- The fact that you have been awarded a Minor degree in Mathematics will be indicated on your transcript. No certificate will be provided.