Certificate in Japanese Language and Culture
The Certificate in Japanese Language and Culture requires 30 credit hours of course work beyond Basic Japanese.
- 15-JAPN-101-2-3 = Basic Japanese (15 credits)
- 15-JAPN-201-2-3 Second Year Japanese (15 credits)
- 15-JAPN-301-2-3 Japanese Composition and Conversation (9 credits)
- 15-AIST-313 Introduction to Japanese Culture (3 credits)
One of the following courses:
- 15-AIST-311 East Asian Film (3 credits)
- 23-ARTH-140 Survey of East Asian Art (3 credits)
- 23-ARTH-271 Art of Asia II: Japan (3 credits)
- 23-ARTH -342 Early Modern Japanese Art (3 credits)
- 23-ARTH -339H Modern Japanese Art (honors) (3 credits)
- 23-ARTH -550 History of Japanese Prints I (3 credits)
- 23-ARTH -551 History of Japanese Prints II (3 credits)
- 15-HIST-123 Asia Civilization: Japan (3 credits)
- 15-HIST- 664 Rise of Modern Japan: 1830-Present (3 credits)
- 15-HIST-665 Age of the Samurai: Japan to 1800 (3 credits)
Students successfully completing course work at either Nagoya University of Foreign Studies or Nagoya University in Japan may apply selected credits to the Japanese Certificate.
For more information, see the website or contact Dr. Noriko Fujioka-Ito, (email: firstname.lastname@example.org; office- 620I Old Chem; ph: 513-556-2747.